Location: Jerome, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Jerome is seeking a RN to join our Emergency team.
Sign On Bonus Eligible
Mission Statement:To provide safe, compassionate, and quality care toour Jerome community.
About UsWe serve the community of Jerome with a 6-bedemergency room and have an average census of 10on our Medical/short term rehab unit. Our emergencydepartment sees a variety of diagnoses, treats, andstabilizes their patients. Our emergency department isopen 24/7 to the community with a physician alwaysavailable.Our hospital is obsessed with safety! We have overhead patient lifts in half of our rooms. Our barcodemedication scan rates are consistently in the 99thpercentile. We strive to have a culture of speaking upfor safety for our staff and patients.* Nurse Ratio: 1:5 Med/Surg* CNA Ratio 1:10
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's of Nursing Degree preferred
- Experience: 1+ years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Jerome is a rural community of 12,000 just 10 minutes from Twin Falls, ID. Farming and agricultural related industries still dominate the economy of Jerome, but the city is broadening its economic base in the service sector, manufacturing and retail trade. Jerome's downtown serves as a civic and retail center. In addition, residents are a quick drive to premiere hiking, skiing in Sun Valley and mountain biking!
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Jerome | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Jerome Country Club
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.