This is truly an extraordinary time to join the Lehigh Valley Health Network. LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region's largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. Love Where You Work!
The Senior Medical Director (SMD) is the clinical lead responsible for the oversight of the designated medical departments of Valley Health Partners Community Health Center (VHP). The SMD ensures that the principles of the highest quality of care and safest levels of care are integrated into all areas of VHP and is responsible for the direct supervision of VHP Physician Leaders. The SMD advises the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) on matters pertaining to VHP quality and safety programs in collaboration with the Administrator, Clinical Services and oversees the clinical aspects of health care delivery in their designated departments in collaboration with the Administrator, Operations.
- Clinic hours are M-F 8-5pm.
- Acts as a primary medical care provider for individuals and groups of patients within the community health center.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality, safety, and clinical operational aspects of VHP health care activities in partnership with the CMO and Administrator, Operations.
- Directly supervises VHP physician leaders in the designated departments of responsibility.
- Conducts performance evaluations and manages professional development of direct reports.
- Must be Board Certified
- 10 years of Clinical Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Medical Director or health care leadership position with direct oversight of physicians and clinical practitioners
- Preferred experience with director oversight of community-based and/or Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) based providers
- Residency in Pediatrics or OBGYN
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive Work Schedule & Starting Bonus
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational Stipend and Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.