Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Internal Number: REQ-021753
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Negotiation comes naturally for you. You're personable, professional, and confident in your ability to build business relationships. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
The Senior Director of Business Development is tasked with the creation of long-term value from clients, markets, and relationships for American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL), the Midsouth Division of Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA), to achieve financial targets set forth for the Division, by increasing test volume and improving test mix. The successful candidate will develop and strengthen business-planning strategies across the Division and focus on building relationships with both external and internal stakeholders to increase sales and deliver profitable revenue. This individual will be adept at identifying competitive landscapes, opportunities for expansion, large clients, new markets, and new industry developments and standards. Additionally, the candidate will create connections with cross-divisional SHUSA business units ensuring an aligned approach to clients. The goal of this position is to achieve sustainable business growth in alignment with medical leadership to provide the highest level of patient care and client satisfaction.
Join our team of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
In this role, you will:
- Develop and oversee comprehensive sales and marketing plan for AEL.
- Gather market insights, assesses market potential and the competitive landscape for AEL's territory
- Prepare sales presentations and account plans based upon specific customer needs.
- Structure, negotiate and close deals in coordination with relevant supporting internal AEL and SHUSA teams and management.
- Generate and feed a pipeline of new business leads via prospecting, networking, and other up-to-date methods for large clients including, but not limited to, hospital systems, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), Independent Practitioner Associations (IPAs), Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), and State entities.
- Serve as primary divisional liaison for AEL for the above stated organizations.
- Identify and respond to Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Provide support for competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Collaborate with sales force and laboratory operations team to ensure clients receive the highest level of service, including on-boarding.
- Interact with and support AEL Regional Directors and sales force, including regular review of sales pipelines and identification of resources required to grow profitable business for AEL.
- Drive initiatives to increase the volume of targeted testing modalities.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and accrediting organizations, as applicable.
All you need, is:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Documented revenue growth within healthcare systems and/or clinical laboratories with eight years of experience.
- Experience with account planning, opportunity identification, qualification, strategy development, proposal and service delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM.
Bonus points if you've got:
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or Healthcare Administration preferred.
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your eligible dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) that includes a generous company match
- A sense of belonging - we are a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
American Esoteric Labs
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.