Location: Valhalla, New York
Attending Physiatrist, Neuro-rehabilitation Job Description
The Westchester Medical Center Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is seeking a Physiatrist specializing in neurorehabilitation / acquired brain injury to join our growing program. This individual will be expected to lead and develop a neurorehabilitation program while providing neurorehabilitation physiatry services, including the performance of all consultations, procedures, and other related services required by patients. WMC is a level one trauma center and major teaching affiliate of New York Medical College. The Department of PM&R has nine full-time physiatrists and a newly accredited 16-position four-year categorical residency training program. NYMC medical students rotate on site for their required PM&R clerkship and for electives. Faculty maintain academic appointments within the School of Medicine. The position will report directly to the Director of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Develop an outpatient neurorehabilitation practice that addresses the rehabilitative needs of the neurologic patient population. Your clinical practice should include the evaluation and rehabilitative care of patients with impairments and disabilities resulting from stroke, acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, adult cerebral palsy, and other acute and chronic neurologic diseases.
- Collaborate closely with the departments of neurosurgery and neurology to implement a comprehensive integrated neurorehabilitation program. Establish specialty clinics in areas such as spasticity management, acquired brain injury, mild TBI, and falls prevention among others.
- Provide neurorehabilitation consultative services for WMCHealth acute care services.
- Serve as the primary inpatient attending for complex neurological cases referred to WMC's 18-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation service.
- Supervise and train PM&R and other residents and medical students rotating through the neurorehabilitation service. Conduct teaching rounds, participate in the resident and medical student lecture series and journal clubs, and contribute to curriculum development.
- Explore opportunities for development of a neurorehabilitation fellowship.
- Work with the Graduate and Undergraduate Medical Education offices to establish comprehensive educational programs in neurorehabilitation within the health network and School of Medicine.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC