Behavioral Health Clinician, Department of Psychiatry
Atlantic Health (SP)
Required Education: High School
Internal Number: 106969026
Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Clinician for the Department of Psychiatry to work 8:30-4:30 at Morristown Medical Center.
01. Establishes rapport Listens to patient Exhibits empathy; positive regard/non-judgmental . Demonstrates knowledge about patient. Positive feedback from patients.
02. Completes intake, follow-up, supervision and collateral contact documentation accurately and within the established timeline of the practice. Demonstrates clarity and accuracy of clinical details. Clearly references associated scales in reason for referral or provider reason for referral. Identify, document and provide a plan to mitigate specific safety issues (medical needs impacting care, suicidality, substance misuse, family system concerns, social determinates impacting care)
03. Assesses and utilize data collected in the registry to monitor and specify care goals. Utilize data and supervision to formulate, reassess and implement care goals. Provides clinical analyses of data. Safety issues addressed Identifies and implement treatment interventions/strategies required. Sets priorities & identifies initial treatment focus.
04. Provides clear, accurate and concise reporting on patient symptoms, presentation, medical concerns, medication and collateral/family report to both psychiatric and medical providers. Actively participates and provides accurate information during clinical supervision. Communicates plan of care from psychiatrist to medical providers and care team.
05. Demonstrates understanding of patient concerns, dynamics, defenses, and maladaptive thinking, attitudes, behaviors, coping styles. Applies appropriate interventions based upon evidenced based, best practices Assesses/monitors patient progress. Demonstrates knowledge of family, cultural, social, religious factors impacting treatment.
06. Maintains and completes records in all formats accurately, intelligibly and in time. All required documentation/forms are present and accurate. Documentation reflects patient treatment objectives and plan of care.
07. Complies with Department Business/Administrative requirements. Maintains confidentiality of patient & medical record. Completes schedules, statistics, billing documentation, re-certification information. Maintains accurate & timely record of insurance/managed care data and other such functions in accurate & timely fashion Meets designated productivity standards Participates in outreach and marketing efforts such as public speaking,participating in local community meetings and initiatives.
08. Actively participates in weekly supervision. Notifies supervising psychiatrist, medical provider and manager of patient safety concerns immediately.
09. Collaborates with and responds to the needs of the practice as identified by the practice manager/physicians/medical providers. Promotes the utilization of the program within the practice by communicating with the medical providers and practice associates .
Masters degree in psychology social work or related field
Must have either LSW (licensed social worker) or LAC (licensed associate counselor) strongly preferred LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) or LPC (licensed professional counselor)
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.