Registered Nurse Emergency Dept FT 11a 11p Belleview
Location: Belleview, Florida
Internal Number: 22000699
ED RN AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 6006 SE Abshier Blvd • Belleview, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Up to $25k sign on bonus
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
· Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
· Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
· Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
· Adheres to standards established in the nursing department proficiency program. Satisfactorily completes competency testing/skills validation and maintains current licensures and certifications as required. Attends department-required in-services and 80% of department meetings.
· Provides appropriate patient assessment and care specific to the needs of the patient populations served (e.g. age groups; patients of size; diagnosis-based). Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the specific physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of patients as appropriate to the populations served.
· Participates in Performance Improvement activities, including Core Measures. Completes and documents Core Measure indicators timely and accurately. Collaborates with nurse leader regarding needed policy/procedure changes.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer skills
· Excellent human relations and oral/written skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· PRN: at least 2 years RN experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current FL RN License
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of AdventHealth Ocala. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.