Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking an IT Coordinator I to support move/add/change requests and facility or system based projects. Information Technology has an obligation to support endpoint devices throughout Banner Health.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the centralized IT Service Delivery Team. This position will provide support at Banner Corporate Center Phoenix Plaza with the potential to work remotely. The typical schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with limited schedule flexibility. An ideal candidate would possess a High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge in a similar role. You will develop standard practices and follow departmental processes for a consistent delivery of exceptional customer service. Utilizing exceptional teamwork skills for managing daily operations and committing to completely work efficiently. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of staff and management. Must be knowledgeable in the use and operation of a wide range of desktop, mobile devices and network connectivity.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is an entry level position that assigns, monitors and fulfills IT service requests in the service management system to ensure high quality customer service. This position leads workflow of customer service requests and is responsible for providing user level support for assigned IT activities.
1. Provides and enhances customer support for all department services and project management. Ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs, serves as a liaison between facility staff and information technology, and communicates with customer throughout the lifecycle of the provided service to ensure the customer stays informed.
2. Interacts with customers, support services and vendor partners in managing; assessing, designing, planning and developing detailed specifications for project assignments, attend or facilitates routine meetings; participating in the support of information technology and facility driven projects to ensure proper support and assistance, and assist IT Service Delivery leadership to ensure facility projects include IT budgetary projections.
3. Prioritizes and schedules daily service requests by assigning appropriate technical resource(s), ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs, and documents all actions of end-user requests using tracking management systems keeping customers informed throughout fulfillment process.
4. Attends routine meetings; participating in the support of major information technology and facility driven projects to ensure proper support and assistance. Identifies and provides solution options to meet or exceed the needs of the customer.
5. Creates vendor quotes from approved vendors. Transitions quote to purchase requisition and obtains appropriate approvals. Enters information using appropriate procurement system and tracks orders to receipt of delivery.
6. Manages procurement of IT services and products and follows all asset management procedure and guidelines. Ensures order and stock management are maintained.
7. Conducts needs assessment and provide recommendations to information technology leadership identifying basic customer, departmental, and/or facility/location software and/or hardware needs.
8. Acts as a technical lead and serves as an escalation point for IT Service Delivery issues and may perform complex troubleshooting and request activities serving as a lead in endpoint related projects and initiatives.
9. Position coordinates and manages the IT Service Delivery functions within a facility, group of facilities, clinics, or service lines as assigned. Latitude to make day-to-day decisions as needed in the support of both internal and external customers. These customers are primarily end-users of computing technology, and other department staff. External customers consist of vendors, contractors, affiliate clinics and hospitals, and clients. Customer support is primarily based at facilities and/or service lines across company.
Experience and education normally obtain through an Associate's degree and one plus year of relevant experience.
Must have a strong work ethic and initiative to work well in a team environment. Requires strong organizational, customer service, communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of staff and management.
Must be knowledgeable in the use and operation of a wide range of desktop, mobile devices and network connectivity. Knowledge of Microsoft Office O365 applications.
Variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Previous experience with assigning daily workloads and tasks. General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable. Previous experience working on IT projects.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.