Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Technician, you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Technician, you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position serves as an entry level position which provides assistance in repairing Diagnostic Imaging equipment and learns how to manage customer relationships through attending classes. Under close supervision incumbents apply lessons learned by assisting in service repair, preventative maintenance, field change orders / installations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. As directed, assist in the emergency service call process which includes call assignment and commitment, travel to site, customer interface, troubleshooting and diagnosis, resolution plan and call escalation, if necessary, customer interface and call closure, next service call assignment.
2. Assist in all projects related to equipment installations within assigned modalities, including pre-delivery tasks, delivery of equipment, mechanical installation, electrical hook-up, final calibration and testing and supporting clinical applications training. Coordinate all outside services and service related activities.
3. Assist in the completion of scheduled PMs and repair services. Receive and respond to service calls and manage call accordingly. This would include responding to customer and scheduling service visit. In addition the incumbents will learn how to communicate with customer and know when to ask for assistance as appropriate. Manage all communication aspects of the service event including Service Work Order processes and any other administrative task such as expense report and mileage report submittals.
4. Documents all work performed, maintains parts, supplies, tools, test equipment and technical literature by completing service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Monitors and maintains an accurate inventory of clinical equipment technologies, test equipment, tools and parts to ensure internal and external customer technology/operations are appropriately managed. This includes managing and maintaining the department's comprehensive library of technical literature.
5. Close all service calls in adherence to company policy and procedures. Submit timesheets, service tickets, expense reports, PM documentation and all other company related paperwork in a complete and timely fashion.
6. Participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives.
7. In conjunction with management, this position has responsibility for managing their assigned areas. This position is responsible for managing all vendor personnel they have employed to support technologies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of electronics and/or biomedical as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in electronics.
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Possess strong working knowledge of personal computers as typically achieved through 2 years exposure to the electronics/computer industry in a field service environment. Demonstrated mechanical repair and diagnostic troubleshooting skills completed in an effective and timely manner, experience in diagnostic imaging equipment is a plus. Able to share knowledge and cooperate in a team environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives take direction from team leaders and proactively complete assignments.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering or related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.