The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you have experience with payers or health plans, Banner Health's Insurance Division might be the place for you. Do you possess excellent relationship building and collaboration skills? Do you have experience working in health insurance in the Value Based space? Find your future at Banner Health.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides operational support and coordination of activities necessary to successfully manage payer value based products and relationships. Additional accountabilities include managing payer value based product reporting, developing system standards and policies and procedures in alignment with the contractual agreement of the parties. These activities will be performed in concert with organizational strategic initiatives focusing on quality and financial outcomes of the program. Participates in development and implementation activities required to launch payer projects, as well as coordinates with others to implement solutions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a liaison for value based arrangements focusing on implementation schedules, policies and procedures, reporting as well as assistance with implementing and maintaining the payer products in conjunction with established goals and objectives.
2. Compiles and analyzes reports of various activities to determine payer product progress toward stated goals and objectives. Coordinates internal, management, and payer reporting and works with internal departments to monitor value add services.
3. Manages print and digital collateral for payers, providers, plan sponsors, and members as it pertains to value based participation. Manages print/mail vendor relationship.
4. Participates with commercial plan sponsors in value added activities such as open enrollment, benefit fairs, presentations, and provides information in support of sales efforts. Works with plan sponsors and members to resolve service delivery issues or concerns.
5. Monitors new payer projects to ensure completion and assists other team members to identify gaps in operations and implements solutions.
6. Assists in developing presentations for various audiences including internal stakeholders, executives and leaders at payer organizations, and BHN/BPS leadership.
7. Participate as member of negotiation team for assigned payer where required.
8. This position has responsibility for activities that involve projects throughout the organization. Customers include leaders in the BPS, BHN, BH, hospital staff, physicians, payers, subcontracted network providers and consultants. This position is responsible for projects across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff and management. Requires work in context of multiple commitments, priorities and conflicts.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Must possess a strong knowledge in business and/or healthcare/insurance as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of experience in a business or healthcare/insurance setting.
Must also possess strong organizational and project management skills to effectively direct and manage multiple comprehensive projects, products and payer relationships. Position requires expertise in the full Microsoft Office Suite of business applications. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective verbal and written communication, and time management skills to engage clinical and non-clinical audiences. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team forum. Must have skills to mentor and educate clinical and non-clinical teams to transform health care to a population health model. Requires sound clinical judgment and an understanding of managed care concepts. Requires excellent customer service skills and a sense of urgency and ownership for resolving issues.
Project Management experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.