You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide customer service to the members and providers who interact with our Customer Care Department. This position supports the operations of the health plans as well as ensuring our members are assisted in a professional and timely manner. This position also serves as a primary resource for our clientele to contact when questions arise about their healthcare.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the organization's service center by providing daily customer service to physicians and/or staff, employees, health and dental plan members and dependents, payors, hospital staff, and the community at large. Herein referred to as "customer".
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives, documents, researches and responds to customer inquiries following established policies, procedures and standards. (Answer, identify, research, document, and respond to a diverse and high volume of inbound and outbound health insurance related customer calls on a daily basis.)
2. Prepares and/or initiates a variety of correspondence/documents in response to customer inquiries, following departmental procedures and compliance guidelines. (Meet quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines and compliance standards.)
3. Facilitates timely research and issue resolution through interaction and communication with the appropriate parties, which includes but is not limited to, department team members, employees within the organization, physician offices, and/or contracted plan representatives.
4. Works cohesively with team members to ensure delivery of outstanding customer service, in a positive work environment, that supports the department's ongoing goals and objectives.
5. Fulfills informational needs of clients for care coordination of members, appropriate access to contracted providers, services of contracted managed care organizations, employee benefits, health and dental plan inquiries, and services of staff such as utilization review, prior authorization, billing and contract management.
6. Services inbound and outbound customer and staff communications for all facilities in the states in which they operate. Works with various departments and staff to provide accurate managed care information.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced contact center environment as typically demonstrated with up to one year of experience, preferably in a healthcare or managed care. Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional and service oriented demeanor at all times. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company's customer information systems, as well as, fundamental knowledge of the organization's benefit programs, as described above. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills to display the ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of benefit-oriented subjects.
Bilingual preferred. Associate's degree with at least one to two years experience in a high call volume service center strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.