Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
This position will allow the perfect candidate to assist our callers, often whom need additional care outside of the facility. It provides a sense of helping our members get the best care possible making this a very rewarding position.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for optimizing the experience of patients and families who receive care within the hospital and ambulatory care setting. Effectively interfaces and collaborates with providers and staff to identify solutions to care coordination, involving all team members as needed. This position supports the multidisciplinary team with member navigational services through referral from the team or retrospectively from the payer.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Researches concerns and provides resolutions to patient's issues and needs, in collaboration with all team members.
2. This position is responsible for on-going client data collection and documentation in the medical record. Engages the appropriate resources within the multidisciplinary team to achieve optimal results for the patient, family, and care givers.
3. Offers assistance with coordinating multiple appointments, utilizing the scheduling systems to ensure thorough communication across the multiple disciplines.
4. Provides a list of care gaps to the multidisciplinary team and works to coordinate to close gaps/issues. Bridges gaps between the member and the clinical team including but not limited to following up with members, asking about needs and obstacles, and addressing health literacy, cultural issues and social-class barriers.
5. Meets and accompanies the patient and family to their initial appointments with providers before and after acute and post-acute transition.
6. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
7. Educates internal members of the health care team on care management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
8. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family and members of the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a knowledge of Medical terminology as normally obtained through the completion of , Medical Assistant Training, Patient Care Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant Training and 2 years of health care experience.
Requires excellent time management and problem-solving skills, ability to meet constantly shifting deadlines and timelines and excellent customer service and recovery skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in Social Work preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.