Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In the Clinical Informatics department, we pride ourselves on creating a smooth experience for our clinical staff using Cerner. As part of our "Enabling our Clinicians" initiative, we've created a centralized support team dedicated to leveraging Banner SMEs, support change and optimization, consistently align our enterprise-wide optimization efforts, and to enhance end user experience for all of our clinicians and providers.
As an RN Clinical Informatics Coordinator, you would be part of the centralized support team to leverage Banner SMEs, focus on enabling alignment with enterprise wide optimization efforts, and provide positive support for our goal to improve provider and clinician experiences. While in this role, you'll be supporting Page, AZ.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing Informatics expertise and resources for a facility, clinic or specialty area. As a resource, this position provides on-going user training and informatics support for various teams and committees. This position supports the organization's vision and direction for computer systems, process design, data management and related processes. The RN Informatics Coordinator serves as a liaison between the facility, clinic or specialty area clinical support staff and the Clinical Information System IT team to communicate user needs and facilitate system modification to meet user needs.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs Decision Support and Outcomes Coordinator functions. Develops, coordinates, facilitates and plans on-going information system evaluation including: user accuracy, data integrity, and system reliability to support decisions and coordinate outcomes. Provides application testing for system enhancements. Participates in post implementation change evaluation, and develops and implements action plans and supports users in maintaining changed work flow and technological processes. May coordinate with other appropriate departments regarding downtime.
2. Performs Educator functions. Collaborates with education team to develop and improve training materials related to changes and upgrades in the existing EMR (electronic medical record) and clinical application systems. Develops and implements communication and education plan in conjunction with clinical educators and management for current staff to assure changes to the EMR are implemented according to the Franchise Model. Provides clinical application system training and support.
3. Performs Consultant and Project Coordinator functions. Maintains on-going user communication and support to assure user competency and obtain information on usage of the system and workflow concerns through established, regularly scheduled rounds in the facility. Collaborates with end-users, account managers, physicians and clinicians to help define health care information issues and enhancement opportunities and to identify methodologies for implementing, utilizing and modifying informatics solutions and data structures that support health care access, delivery, and evaluation. Provides consultation and project support in conjunction with project leadership for the deployment of new IT clinical applications.
4. Performs Advocate and Policy Developer functions. Maintains on-going user support structure by recruiting super users and maintaining a trained and engaged core user group. Plans and provides regular meetings with super users to identify issues as well as educate to improve knowledge transfers in the clinical setting. May conduct regular focus meetings that provide opportunities for end users to verbalize concerns and suggest potential improvements related to the use of the information systems. Collaborates with users, leadership, and IT department to resolve conflicts between workflow and the information systems. Supports staff in the use of existing technology in a manner which promotes maintenance of patient safety and confidentiality and supports facility-specific and system-wide processes and principles.
5. Performs Research functions. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends and advances in the field of Healthcare Informatics, as well as new developments in computer hardware and software technology. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of nursing practices, regulatory standards, and organizational direction. Utilizes this knowledge in supporting users and process teams
6. Performs Product Developer functions. Participates in facility and system interdisciplinary process improvement teams to identify potential future uses of the information systems and potential improvements in the current use of the systems. Follows through with assigned tasks for issues resolution.
7. Evaluates all levels of system users for accuracy and consistency in use of clinical information systems. Develops action plans as needed to correct end user deficiencies in the use of the information systems. Develops schedules for training team members and go-live support staff to provide adequate coverage to meet user needs throughout periods of implementation.
8. This position must interact with and support all levels of end users throughout the facility or specialty area, including technicians, nurses, therapists, and physicians. This position must coordinate interdisciplinary activities in the planning and modification of the clinical information system, both at the facility and at the system level. Internal Customers: All levels of management and staff, medical staff, and other healthcare members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care, ensuring effective communication systems and facilitating decision making in clinical practice. External Customers: Patients and families regarding patient care issues. Physicians regarding patient care and program development. Vendors in the implementation and modification of information systems.
Must possess diverse clinical knowledge and technology aptitude as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent related experience.
The incumbent will be a Registered Nurse (R.N.) with licensure in practicing state.
Must be proficient in the use of system office applications. Must possess a basic understanding of integrated clinical systems. Must have highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly. This position requires the ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums. Requires the ability to promote change among large groups of workers. Requires the ability to coordinate information and activities, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem-solving skills. Requires the maintenance of familiarity with clinical care processes and information technology.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in Nursing; Certification in Nursing Informatics preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23548
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.