Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
This night position provides security functions for Banner Goldfield location including responding to emergency situations of all kinds, dealing with out of control patients and visitors, preventive patrol of all areas, including grounds and off-site locations, provides alarm monitoring and response, etc.
Security at Banner Goldfield can give a great sense of responsibility for the safety and security for patients, visitors, and staff. Being a Security Officer provides an excellent learning opportunity for individuals looking to pursue a career in security. SHIFT: Nights Wed- Saturday, day shift
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position patrols the facilities and grounds; assists with the welfare and safety of personnel and patients; investigates critical incidents; assists employees, patients and visitors; interfaces with emergency response agencies; secures doors; monitors parking and traffic control. Performs assigned security duties promptly and accurately. Works varied assignments and shifts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff.
2. Responds to all emergency codes for assistance and control. Patrols and inspects facility frequently to assist in maintaining a safer and more secure environment. Assists employees with security related matters, mediate disputes, conduct interviews, conduct searches, enforces parking regulations and traffic control. Serves as a security subject matter expert.
3. Assists medical staff in restraining and handling troubled/combative patients. Ensures security policies are being followed. Patrols unoccupied areas and sets the alarms when appropriate. Locks and unlocks facility doors at prescribed times. Conducts money pick-ups from departments, logs pick-ups and successfully delivers the contents to the appropriate destination department. Releases bodies from the morgue, ensuring that all paperwork is complete. Checks alarms to ensure they are in proper working order. Escorts patients, visitors and employees when required for security purposes. Participates in security lead training designed for staff.
4. Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Performs "citizen arrest" and demonstrate critical thinking skills during extremely stressful situations as needed.
5. Appropriately and effectively utilizes assigned non-lethal weapon according to policy and training.
6. Investigates and completes written reports of complaints, critical security incidents and unusual activities involving patients, employees and visitors. Maintains an accurate log of all relevant security activities during each shift.
7. Professionally testifies in criminal court, state hearings and review boards when required.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health documents including scanning into electronic patient health information systems.
9. Position reports directly to the Security Supervisor, or OIC in their absence. This position interacts internally with staff, physicians, visitors, volunteers and patients. External customers are law enforcement agencies and emergency service agencies. The position is system wide and officers may be assigned to work at any facility as needed. This position will provide guidance and direction to staff, visitors and patients during a security emergency. This position will be required to proactively identify, deter and respond to security incidents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must maintain required security certifications. Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess the ability to make accurate observations and exercise good independent judgment in a variety of situations (including emergencies). Must demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive security reports. Must successfully complete all required security departmental training, including department specific annual training and mandatory training as assigned. Must successfully complete Banner Health Basic Officer Academy. Must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times and must possess strong verbal communications skills. Must qualify and maintain proficiency with assigned non-lethal weapons. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform physical requirements of the position. Capabilities will be demonstrated through the successful completion of similarly related skills testing. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 will need to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements before starting in the role. Employees hired before January 1, 2019 must be able to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements by December 31, 2019. If upon initial evaluation, an employee is unable to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements, there will be a quarterly assessment administered. This physical skills assessment will then be conducted on an annual basis and employees must successfully meet the requirements to remain in role.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prefer prior law enforcement, military, Corrections, healthcare or advance security experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26420
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.