Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Thunderbird and Banner Estrella Medical Center are seeking a full time Locksmith to join their Facility Operations Team. An ideal candidate will be skilled, collaborative, and customer oriented. As a Locksmith you will be working with keys, locks, door inspections, repairs, and access controls. We foster innovation and excellence on our team so join us for an exciting opportunity to build and grow. Apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting preventative and corrective work to the facility. Locksmith activities including but are not limited to hardware installation and replacement, lock keying, key control, automatic entrances and doors and rated door systems. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Installs and services door hardware and lock systems and components. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facility infrastructure systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Coordinates lock systems, including hardware installation and replacement, lock keying, key control, automatic entrances, automatic doors and rated door systems in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the locksmith activities. Provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. Participates with other divisions and departments to meet the facility locksmith, maintenance, installation and construction needs; negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Recommends use of outside locksmith and hardware specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside locksmith and hardware specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. Monitors locksmith maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility. As assigned, oversees and monitors locksmith elements and systems.
5. Instructs personnel regarding locksmith elements to ensure the safe operation and use. Provides guidance, direction and oversight for locksmith training. Reviews and selects continuing educational materials and offerings for locksmith training.
6. Monitors locksmith components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Reviews materials to ensure the quality of all locksmith components for installations during construction and remodel projects. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
7. Maintains records for facility key control and compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility locksmith systems. As required, attends annual code compliance training and performs other assigned duties.
8. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge, also required is certification from Associated Locksmiths of America as a Certified Master Locksmith.
The position requires three or more years of diversified work experience as a locksmith and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills of locksmith and related fields. Must have working knowledge of locksmith, door hardware and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with locksmith equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and local building codes. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous construction experience is preferred. 3-5 years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R20985
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.