In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Seeking an entry level Plumber with the potential for learning and advancement. Facility plumbing experience required, Journeyman plumbing license is a plus.Monday- Friday 7am-3pm, weekends off with occasional On-Call. Be part of one of the smaller hospitals in the largest non-profit hospital corporation in the United States. Varied work tasks and challenges to grow in a healthcare environment, giving you the satisfaction that your contributions can save lives.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting preventative and corrective work to the facility center's plumbing infrastructure and equipment including but not limited to domestic water systems, waste water systems, medical gas systems and specialized water systems and equipment. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces water and sewage pipes, valves and fixtures. Assembles, installs, rebuilds and repairs fixtures such as sinks, showers, commodes, bath tubs, waste disposals and other special equipment. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities infrastructure systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Assists in the coordination of the preventative maintenance program of all plumbing distribution systems, including domestic water systems, waste water systems, medical gas systems and specialized water systems and equipment in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the plumbing distribution systems. Monitors and modifies the plumbing preventive maintenance program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides required and appropriate documentation.
3. Modifies existing structures by cutting, drilling to install fixtures and related materials. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned plumbing, mechanical and infrastructure systems. As assigned, monitors plumbing construction, installation and commissioning activities.
4. Participates with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility plumbing maintenance, installation and construction needs. Recommends use of outside plumbing and mechanical specialty contractors as appropriate. Monitors outside plumbing and mechanical specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
5. Maintains plumbing system parts, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains plumbing replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected capital equipment budget. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager for department specifications for all components of the hospital's plumbing systems.
6. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have current Plumber's License as required by the state or authorities having jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes.
Requires at least four years of diversified work experience as a plumber and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the plumbing and mechanical field. Must have working knowledge of plumbing and mechanical infrastructure systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with plumbing equipment. May require Medical Gas certifications. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous construction experience is preferred. Three to five years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R9305
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.