Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 90,000+ workers in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. We are a multi-employer Taft-Hartley Trust Fund governed by a Board of Trustees composed of union and employer representatives. Their mission is to provide health benefits that offer high quality, affordable healthcare to their participants at better value with better service than is otherwise available in the market. For several decades they have served union workers in the hospitality, food service, and gaming industries. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
- Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the Fund's collaborative environment
- Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund's needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise
- Lives our values – Must be a role model for the Fund's BETTER Culture and Mission (Better, Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)
We are seeking an experienced Medical Director to provide clinical input, and strategic and creative guidance for a fast-paced, growing, multi-employer health plan. This is a unique opportunity to assist a leading-edge organization to improve the lives of its members.
The ideal candidate will bring attributes of an entrepreneurial thinker and boots-on-the-ground activist seeking to initiate innovate care models, a proactive approach to designing and launching member health improvement initiatives, applying healthcare informatics to strategic analysis and decision-making and an operational strategy of how to implement this vision.
Responsibilities also include medical-necessity reviews and determinations; claims policy, medical policy, monitoring and evaluating outside vendors; as well as developing, and implementing potential healthcare delivery innovations, including the Fund's PBM Hospitality Rx, LLC and health centers in locations convenient to members.
The Medical Director will also oversee the Chief Pharmacy Officer and other pharmacy and nursing staff. Based in the Naperville/Aurora area, responsibilities include locations both locally and across the country. This position will require approximately 30% travel.
- 10+ years medical/clinical practice experience and 3+ years in a senior leadership position, managing healthcare delivery systems
- Ability and knowledge to expand/build effective healthcare delivery systems to meet the client's needs
- In-depth understanding of utilization review, disease management, clinical guideline development, provider contracting, physician profiling, pharmacy and therapeutic programs, outcomes measurement, and performance improvement
- Ability to stay abreast of relevant trends including alternative payment methods and shared risk arrangements
- Familiarity with Taft-Hartley Fund and managed-care environments