Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, Centene Corporation, a quickly growing Fortune 500 company is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government sponsored healthcare programs focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. With over 11 million members in 24 states, Centene operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. Coordinated Care, a wholly owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, is a managed care organization that provides healthcare services to more than 250,000 members across Washington State.
In this highly visible and influential role, this dynamic and collaborative Physician Executive will be responsible for directing a team of practitioners who provide health management services to an underserved population. The Vice President, Medical Affairs will help develop and articulate an inspiring strategic vision, within a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment, for the development of programs and services that enable the growth and sustainability of Coordinated Care in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex healthcare environment. Together with the President/CEO and other members of the leadership team, this medical leader will direct and coordinate medical management, quality improvement, and pharmacy functions.
For more information on the Centene Corporation, visit https://www.centene.com/; and for more information on Coordinated Care, visit https://www.coordinatedcarehealth.com
Qualifications and Experience:
- MD or DO degree is required, board certified in a primary care specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialists, as well as a current state medical license without restrictions.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Medical Management, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a Medical Director and medical and general management experience within a managed care environment is required as is an understanding of value-based contracts.
- Ability to use data and technology to create actionable intelligence to better manage the business will be essential.
- The successful candidate employed by Coordinated Care must maintain status as a practicing physician that sees patients.
Nominations and/or expressions of interest should be sent electronically to email@example.com
All inquiries are confidential.
Centene and Coordinated Care are equal opportunity employers.